Sunday, September 18, 2011

Getting the Grade

We all know studying isn't as fun as hanging out with friends, or watching a movie. But why do we still complain about our grade? I can remember countless times trying to weasel my way out of why my report card had a huge "F" next to a class or two. "But I do my H.W. mom! I swear!" I would say sometimes. But my famous lines, which eventually lead my parents to believe that it was me who was lying, "The teacher doesn’t like me all lie, no one can say they don't, no one is perfect. Yet, we all know what we need to do to get an "A” in a class, but many of us don’t like the very word "STUDYING". It’s like trying to force a baby to eat vegetables. A baby swings its arms around, and splatters the spoonful of slimy greenness all across the floor. We don't like it! Even though we wish we could just naturally grasp information like all the brainiacs in the world. But think about it. Brainiacs have to study too. They have to read, and write to expand their knowledge and expertise. No one is literally born with a science book in his or her hand dancing around like a cartoon character and talking like Bill Gates. We all have to work at it. Even if it’s something we like to do. But if a subject interests us then of course we will be successful in that area. Studying isn’t fun, but to get to the fun part, the part that interests a person, we need to get through the ugly parts. Nothing in this world is given to anyone on a silver platter. We have to work hard it. Getting through the hard parts is going to be hard, nobody said it wasn’t. Everyone learns at there own pace. We all grasp things differently. Not one person is the same as another, and not everyone is good at everything. People may not study because they lack of will or motivation to pick up a book and begin to learn things and break the limit line and excel in school. We don’t know who we truly are until we make ourselves it. No one puts a limit on what you can study and learner; you the student do that to yourself. Making time to study is something nobody likes to add to his or her agenda. Laziness can be another reason why students like to study. They would much rather mope around, sleep in bed, and text the night away. I wish I could say studying is fun, but I would be lying. I’m just trying to be a good person. Studying is the key to success. Pick up a textbook and read the letters, and ideas printed on the pages. Despite how tedious it is to open up a book, it will pay off in the near future. 

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with what you mean with this, i remember trying anything to get out of studying. We still have to do it no matter what, even if we dont realize this, but its very beneficial to our brain and sometimes it can open our eyes to things we didnt know before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, it is hard to studying when the a good movie is on T.V, texting, hanging out, and other things. It's life for everyone from one point to the other.And yes it does pay off when we studying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have managed to get this far with texting, watching tv and other activites during my studying. It's not a good tactic trust me I just happen to be good.

    ReplyDelete