Thursday, October 27, 2011
Processing Blog#8
As a child growing up, i always remembered watching police officers drive around in a black and white(police squad car), in their midnight blue uniform--patrolling the streets of Los Angeles. How excited I would become every time I saw a police vehicle pass by my line of sight. I felt a sense of comfort, because who would cause attention while a police vehicle is strolling by? Most people demonstrate there lack of integrity behind a police officers back, but veneer there lawlessness when in presence of a police car. But most of the general public are either fearful of a squad car passing by, or despise the very fact that they have to be passing by their house. [For those of you that have not read my past posts.] I attended a Police Academy Magnet school all four years of my High school career and graduated as SGT. II/F.TO (Freshman Training Officer). Towards the end of my senior year i was leaning on becoming a United States Marine. I had taken all the tests and examines to prove my intelligence and physical ability would be acceptable prior to me attending the three month basic training with the Corps. I was temporarily disqualified because of my birthmark that is located on my tongue. They had said i needed approval from my physician . In short, I thought long and hard about this obstacle and came to think that maybe this wasn't for me. So in my last weeks of high school i signed up to attend Mission College and stay with my family. About a month ago I heard of a program offered by the LAPD named "LAPD Reserve Officer Corps". To be a candidate you must have no past felony's, a high school degree, background suitable to become an officer, excellent health, excellent physical condition and, what really caught my attention, must be 18 years of age. I immediately began the process, and took my written test about 2 months or so ago. I received in the mail, a month ago, a packet explaining my passing percentage of 85%! I literally ran outside to my neighbors in my under garments, because my mom was there, telling here that i had passed! My initial background interview is coming up very soon and I just cannot wait. The Reserve Officer Corps is offered to law abiding citizens from the ages of 18 and up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteWow Congrats! You seem like a guy that has a lot of goals and that is really nice of you. I have never heard of "LAPD Reserve Officer Corps." What city would you be doing this? It must have been very disappointing when you found out you couldn't join because of your birthmark. I wish you the best of luck to conquer your goals. Nice Blog!
ReplyDelete