Monday, October 10, 2011

Staying up late.

(for some reason my post did not publish onto my page last night) Someone is always staying up late doing hw they could have done during the day. Look at me for instance, im up late doing hw. Everyone has there reasons, and i of course have mine. I had work, but still, that does not mean i can be excused. We all have time during the week to do our homework, but i believe it is in fact laziness. We stay up late because we had better things to do than do our hw. Staying up late is not the best thing to do. Your homework is done with a relaxed attitude and is not taken seriously. Most of your homework is probably done incorrectly and a lot of spelling grammars as well. Either way, teachers take a quick glance, and still give credit. The good teachers actually grade question by question and doesn't only check the work but also looks for the correct answer. Homework done late also doesn't allow your brain to soak in all the necessary information. Your is just saving all this information into your short term memory, rather than your long term memory. Not only do you lose important information, but also sleep. The average human being should sleep anywhere between 6-8 hours a night to get a complete nights rest. The more sleep the more alert you are the next day. Nobody likes a student who sleeps during class and snores-- its very distracting to other students and rude to the instructor. Late night homework isn't the way to go. Instead, after coming home from school, complete homework for most classes and then do what you think you have do. and then before dinner finish up the remaining hw for other classes and at night you can sleep comfortably without the heavy burden of waking up the next  morning and having to do work you could have done yesterday befroe bed.

3 comments:

  1. Homework wise,for some reason I get more things done when I stay up late. Im always up late catching up on things are just chilling watching tv. I guess I'm not the average human because I rarly get between 6-8 hours of sleep. I really dont like sleeping that long,life is too short and Im scared I wont wake up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about getting work done. I've been having such a hard time trying to get my homework done on time. A lot has to do with my personal life. I am a perfectionist and I feel like if something goes wrong, I can't move on to the next one, so I sit there stuck with the problem. I can't stay up late anymore because I'm getting old. I have a hard time having to cook and clean for my family and then deal with homework too. I know the feeling :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with jarell. i get more things done when i stay up late. I do look at it though before i turn it in to make sure its good. Thats a good topic to talk about though. Ilike all your examples :) this is very well written

    ReplyDelete