Sunday, December 4, 2011

Future just around the corner. blog #12

          College is usually the first choice that a high school graduate makes to begin their future--it was mine. I thought college was better than my original plan that i came so close to beginning, which was joining the United States Marine Corps. My original plan was to join the USMC. After the three month basic training i would become an Active Marine and take college courses on base after my MOS  (Military Occupation Specialties), which is a school for Marines that would teach me my area of expertise as in to be in Infantry or Artillery (heavy Weaponry). In the Corps i wanted to be either an infantrymen, Artillerymen, or military police. I wanted to serve 8+ years and if i really enjoyed my job, i would have done my 23 years and then join LAPD and retire afterwards. And of course somewhere in between there get married. But now my plan is as follows. Attend mission college for 1 year and get my general ed out of the way. I then want to transfer to POPP (Police Orientation Preparation Program). By April of 2012, while in POPP, begin my training with the LAPD to become an LAPD reserve officer. When i reach the age of 21, with my A.A. degree in hand, i will apply for a full-time police officer with the LAPD, and eventually move my way up to ranks, while still becoming married at some point. Even though my path was diverted, i still have a future and so does everyone else. But what we make of it is all on us.
          Unlike most college students, i know what i want to do and am 100% sure of what i want to do. No other  field of work interests me, besides the military and law enforcement. My dream is to become a police officer which i will try my hardest to become. Me wanting this job is not a child hood fantasy, but a reality that i know ill become apart of. Everyone has a dream, or something they want to do in life, but they just haven't found it yet. The future will be here quicker than we all know it. Better yet, we are all living in it right now.



4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. You do know what you want in life, and you have it planned out. Unlike most college students, don't know what they want, like you said. I was one of them, and I regret it now. You live and you learn like everyone says. You are trying to get your general education away in one year? good for you :) I wish you accomplish all your goals. It was a pleasure reading your blogs. Take Care..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GREAT that you know what your want in Life and what kind of education you want. People that know exactly what they want tend to do well in life. When I was a little girl I wanted to become a cop as years have passed the career that I want for myself has changed as years have passed. As of now I want to become a Registered Nurse so we'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your blog was short and sweet, first off. College wasn't my first choice but I'm glad it is now. I'm glad you got a plan in life thats always good. Hope everything works out for you. You are the first cop I ever met. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete